Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

Here is the first pumpkin pie I've ever made, fresh from the oven. I decided that for Halloween I'd make Stewart and I a pie but since I'd never made one before I thought I should make a practice one first. It may not seem like a big deal to most of you but for me it was a huge accomplishment. I'm so proud! It tasted pretty good too. I even had a slice for breakfast this morning. Since I'm still jobless I've become much more domestic. Thanks to my mom, Sabrina, and my Aunt Juli for allowing me to pester them every week about recipes and new things to make.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Your pie looks FANTASTIC!! I made a beautiful apple pie once. Most beautiful thing I ever saw, it tasted alright... Lets just say I haven't made another! But save me a piece! I love pumpkin pie!

Meagan said...

Wow... I'm impressed. You've come a long way from teriyaki chicken! (Please tell me you remember eating that every day while in our apartment!).

It's a beautiful pie. I made my first pie from scratch this summer... peach pie. I am going to do a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving! Send me your recipe!

Oh, if you want a couple good recipes, visit these blogs.

sayitwithcarbs.blogspot.com
This is all of my family recipes, in one place. They're all really good and only our favorites are posted here.

http://www.ourbestbites.com/
is another food blog with AWESOME recipes. Instructions, photos, and all.

Sabrina and BJ said...

So impressive Jess.. Way to go.. It looks great.. That's what I want for my birthday so if you could just pack it up and send it my way.. I'm so proud to call you my little chef.. I'm gonna take credit for what I can.. Way to go